Thursday, November 17, 2011

the sunset dress

This dress was my mom's--I've admired it for years and years, and when she gave it to me a few years ago I was ecstatic! I love the colors and the pattern, but I've always hesitated to wear it out. It's a bit tight (my mom was seriously tiny when she bought this dress) and I've never been sure about maxi dresses. I couldn't resist its pull any longer, though--today it had to come out. 

I think this blazer is the perfect color to compliment the dress, although I know it looks great with black as well.  I layered a corduroy shirt under the blazer for extra warmth. I've been trying to be more creative with layers lately. 

I wasn't sure about the knee-high boots under the dress, but I love the edge they add to the whole outfit. It doesn't hurt to have a little black to anchor me, and they're certainly comfortable. 

Anyway, photos:








dress:my mom's --- blazer/shirt/necklace:forever21 --- boots:hot topic --- rings:thrifted

7 comments:

  1. That's a really interesting outfit! I like how you styled everything! (:

    http://callmemaddie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! )

    http://lazyheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the boot were a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats quite a dress!!! I like it, and it looks great with those boots ;)

    xx
    Cecily

    ReplyDelete
  5. You actually have the cutest face I've ever seen!:O

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog, and that dress is gorgeous! xx

    www.amybell-thelittlemagpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the dress, the colours are lush!
    and yeah the boots definitely add a lot of edge to the outfit.

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Feel free to link to your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!