Saturday, November 26, 2011

black saturday

Howdy, my adoring fans!

It's been a crazy week. I've been working full time, I had Thanksgiving with lots of family, and of course Black Friday! Black Friday has been a dark day for me since I've been working in retail for almost five years. I never saw the appeal of battling traffic and crowds and crazy people for mediocre deals I'll probably miss out on anyway. I don't even start Christmas shopping until halfway through December!

But working in retail, especially in a mall, has put me in a beautiful situation. I take the early shift (6:00am this year, 2:30am last year) and I get off just in time to get a little shopping done for myself. I'm already at the mall so I don't have to park during peak hours, and I've been gathering information all morning about where the best deals are. 

This year Black Friday happened to fall on my first full-time pay day so I decided to reward myself with a couple things I can wear at work or elsewhere.

I got this skirt from New York & Company--originally $43, and I paid less than $20. It'll be great for work or professional occasions like job interviews or funerals. :P And SURPRISE, I had to get it in a size 0! I haven't worn a 0 since I was in middle school. I wear more like a 4 or 5 these days. Does NY&C run large or does everywhere else I shop run small? I may never find out.

I'm most excited about these shoes I got at Charlotte Russe. There are not a lot of great stores in my mall, so Charlotte Russe ends up being where I shop when I'm bored on breaks. Not my favorite store, but cheap and close. They're running a blanket 30% off promotion for the weekend, which is neat I guess.

These shoes were originally priced at $50, and I paid around $30. Not too bad for a pair of heels that will probably fall apart within the year. I've been lusting after some Jeffrey Campbell Litas like everyone else and their mother, but I'm sadly too poor to ever be able to justify a purchase like that. These booties will sate the urge for a while at least. 

I wore them to work today and BOY are my feet sore. I don't wear heels a lot, especially not for 9 hours straight. Maybe my feet will get used to it if I keep doing it.

I'd like to apologize for the lack of outfit posts lately. What with no money and lots of work, I've been uninspired and exhausted all the time. I'm definitely going to be updating the blog less often, but you can count on at least one post per week. Next time I'll have photos of my rad new outfits!

I've been thinking about starting a "shop my closet" store to make a little extra money on the side and clear out some of the clothing and accessories I don't wear as often anymore. Anyone interested?

Well ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry your feet will get used to new boots! Well at least it's always like that for me! :)

    And nice catch! Those boots are really pretty!

    http://callmemaddie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are like the ones you were telling me about...really striking! You are going to look great in them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Feel free to link to your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!