Monday, November 7, 2011

I've learned the meaning of the sun

I know I wore these tights yesterday, so sue me. They are rad. But sad news! There is now a run in them! Oh well, I'll live. Maybe I can get a new pair sometime soon. In the meantime, I will wear them with the run because who cares if I have a little run in my stockings!

This fur collar was one of my amazing clearance finds while I worked at Hot Topic. That store has way better stuff than most people give it credit for. The closure is magnetic so it's amazingly comfortable. The inside is lined with hot pink satin! 

I got this jacket years ago, probably the first time I ever visited Urban Outfitters. It's been sitting in my closet for years not being worn, but this season I decided to give it new life by replacing the buttons. It used to have plain black buttons and was frankly kind of dull. I'm not a skilled seamstress, but replacing buttons is something I've learned out of necessity. It's a great way to liven up old clothing!

I'm wearing these lovely heels again... never underestimate shoes and accessories you get for Halloween. I got these a few years ago for an Alice in Wonderland costume and they're actually the most comfortable pair of heels I own. I'm also wearing a petticoat under my dress that I got for Halloween a long time ago. Those petticoats are a lovely way to poof out your every day skirts. I have zillions of them in so many colors and lengths that I ought to be able to wear one every day. 

Anyway, let's get to the photos:







dress-urban outfitters; jacket-urban outfitters; rings-thrifted/pendragon jewelry; fur collar-hot topic; shoes-spirit halloween; tights-charlotte russe

some business: if any of you fellow bloggers are interested in swapping ad space in my "friends of gph" section on the right, email me at zakiue@gmail.com. Thanks to Sarah at Almost Delightful for the idea and the first button. The idea is that I will display your button in exchange for you displaying my button on your site. Any buttons I get before November 28th will be displayed until the end of December.

We can help each other build traffic!

Bye for now my dears!

6 comments:

  1. fabulous outfit!! love it :):):)
    <3
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, those heels are great! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg love your outfit for sure, that dress is fantastic...vintage right? kisses

    nice blog btw, i'm following you now!
    hope you Follow me back dear <3


    www.thechicstyler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say, the first photo is especially stunning. Makes me proud. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Feel free to link to your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!