Sunday, October 9, 2011

It will follow the rain

So yesterday I paid a visit to a few local thrift stores and found some great stuff! One of my favorite finds was this skirt. I love the pattern and I think it'll go well with a lot of pieces I have. It reminds me of something my mom would have worn when I was younger. The skirt cost about $2, if you can believe it. One of the great things about living in a place like Lincoln is that even though we've got a few colleges in town, no one seems to care much about the thrift stores except poor people (I think I count as one now). So prices are low and they're never too picked over.

This is the first time I've worn this hat. I don't wear hats very often because I have a hard time finding hats that fit me. My head is slightly larger than most people's, I guess. Anyways, I found this at Urban Outfitters on clearance and since it fit on my head, I snatched it up. It's been sitting in my closet for a month because I realized I don't know how to wear hats.

I wish I had a better picture of the necklace, but it was hard to get one properly exposed and I gave up. I got it made at a renaissance faire years and years ago. One side has an image of the green man on it, and the other has some knotwork that I think has something to do with animals. I always wear it on the green man side.



 



Skirt - thrifted; Tank - Wet Seal; Belt - Wet Seal; Necklace - Ren Faire; Sandals - Birkenstock; Panama hat - Urban Outfitters

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you look with the "It will follow the rain" style very pretty. I would love to see you more in those Birkenstocks and skirts. Maybe next spring/summer :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Feel free to link to your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!