Monday, October 24, 2011

Honey won't you let me in

Today was a wonderful, almost 80-degree day that felt super nice after our first few days of grey, drizzly fall. I had to take the opportunity to bust out this top. It's one of my favorites, but I didn't wear it nearly often enough this summer. It has a matching floor-length wrap skirt which I don't wear as often. The two together make a bold statement, but the top with jean shorts is pretty casual.

The top and skirt set was a hand-me-down from my mom. I think she got it as a gift from an ex-boyfriend and didn't feel comfortable wearing it, but it has absolutely no bad memories for me and I love love love it!

I think every other part of this outfit has been featured before on the blog. They're all pretty central parts of my wardrobe and I tend to incorporate them into a lot of looks. 







blazer-forever21; top-my mom's; necklace-two geminis; shorts-hot topic

I wanted to take a moment to talk about my photography. I take all of my own pictures, except for a few I get my boyfriend to snap for me. He's not a photographer, but he puts up with me and I appreciate it. Taking my own pictures means I usually stay inside and use my self-timer against a blank wall, and that is starting to get very very boring. I'm an amateur photographer with the goal of going pro, so I do often go out with my camera and snap some nature shots or the occasional portrait session. I'm considering this--is it too weird and too hard to take the self-timer work outside? I want to start getting better pictures and I want to be able to switch things up. I'm very concerned about people watching and judging me, and about things like focusing and adjusting settings outside of my room, which is an easily-controlled environment.

What do you think? Have you ever taken self-timer pictures in public? Is this something I should even be worried about?

2 comments:

  1. Great blazer and lovely top!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing that blazer on F21 for ages. Cute! And as for self-timer photos -- photographer or not, strangers are always going to stare curiously as fashion bloggers pose in the street ;P Makes for a great photo though!

    xx,
    Ellen
    http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Feel free to link to your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!